Drive for Perfect Attendance Program
For the third consecutive year, the Tustin Unified School District is partnering with Tustin Toyota to increase overall student attendance throughout the District by highlighting seniors who model exemplary attendance and achievement. All seniors who maintain perfect daily attendance at TUSD's high schools will be eligible for entrance in a lottery for a brand new 2017 Toyota Corolla generously donated by Tustin Toyota.
Program Details / Rules / Eligibility
- All participants in the program must be high school seniors who attend one of TUSD's four high schools - Beckman, Foothill, Hillview or Tustin - in the 2016-17 school year.
- To be eligible for an entry in the lottery a student must have "perfect" daily attendance throughout their senior year: September 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017.
- The only absences that will keep a student eligible for the drawing will be school business absences (field trips, athletics related or activities related) or religiously affiliated absences. Discipline related absences including excessive tardiness to class or school (more than six total instances) or a suspension of any kind would disqualify a student from the drawing.
- A list of students who remain eligible for the drawing will be posted in the attendance office of each school at the end of each quarter. A final list of eligible students will be posted in each attendance office one week prior to the drawing. It is a student's responsibility to monitor their own eligibility and to resolve any discrepancies with the high school attendance office before the end of the school day on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 (three school days prior to drawing).
- The drawing for the donated vehicle from Tustin Toyota will take place at the TUSD Board of Education Meeting on Monday, June 13, 2017. Attendance is not necessary at the June 13 Board Meeting in order to win the vehicle. Only the winning school will be announced at this time. The presentation of the vehicle to the winning student will be made at the winning student's graduation ceremony on either June 16 or June 17, 20